The following industry and services can be found at the Port of at Hanstholm:
- Day-to-day marine operational support and GPS surveillance
- Large designated power and fiber supplied wharf area for assembling, maintenance, and repairs.
This includes e.g. placement of mobile container-workshop.
- Docks and wharves area with berths for deployment and mooring of WEC
- Availability of storage/ware house
- Technical, craftsman, workshop and engineering support
- Dry dock
- Welding, assembling, coating
- Fiberglass workshop
- Electronics and electrical support
- Dive support available
Furthermore, the following vessel support is also available:
- Experienced WEC deployment vessels at order
- Safe seagoing transit/transport and inspection vessels
- A marine specialist is also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The test site is located approximately 2.2 km south-west of the Port of Hanstholm. The marked test area is 1.6 km by 2.8 km. The area is marked by four physical markers and the area is also electronically marked with AIS AtoN and visible in Marine
Traffic www.marinetraffic.com (see Figure 3). Ships equipped with the system are warmed when passing by the site and this helps protecting the systems being tested at DanWEC.
DanWEC work in close collaboration with Aalborg University and performance assessment can be provided.